Introducing Grade 12 videos & How to use them –
The Answer Series is proud to announce that we are in the process of creating a series of FREE video courses to accompany our study guides! Click here for a quick intro video
WHY did we embark on this process?
We decided to launch this new product in response to the disruption of the academic year due to the pandemic. We decided to focus our response towards Matrics who are most vulnerable to the effects of having their final schooling year disrupted. This is a threat not only to their chances of getting a Matric qualification but also to how well they will perform and consequently their opportunities for further studies/ jobs next year.
These videos are a free trusted resource for both teachers and learners, with lessons arranged to assist their teaching/learning journey.
WHO did this & WHO will use this?
The videos are focused on Grade 12 learners.
The video courses are created by subject specialists (teachers and authors with years of experience), some of whom wrote TAS study guides.
WHAT are we talking about? Which subjects will be covered?
We are talking about bite-sized lessons for each topic, particularly tailored to the experience of the South African learner.
We are focusing on:
- Grade 12/Matric content
- Term 2 content
- 5 CAPS subjects:
Physical Sciences/Fisiese Wetenskappe (in Afrikaans & English), Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Life Sciences and Economics (all in English only)
• Physical Sciences: In this course we will be covering the study material for Term 2, i.e. the topics Work, Energy and Power & The Doppler Effect as well as the topics in the Chemical Change module. These videos have been created as an extra tool to use with our Gr 12 Physical Sciences 3 in 1 study guide.
• Fisiese Wetenskappe: In hierdie kursus sal ons die studiemateriaal vir Kwartaal 2 d.w.s. die onderwerpe Arbeid, Energie en Drywing & Die Doppler-effek asook die onderwerpe in die module oor Chemiese Verandering dek. Hierdie videos is geskep om as ekstra hulpmiddel saam met ons Gr. 12 Fisiese Wetenskappe 3 in 1 studiegids te gebruik.
• Mathematics: This course covers the Grade 12 Term 2 topics, i.e. Analytical Geometry, Functions, Polynomials and Calculus. The focus of these videos is to promote real understanding, reasoning and confidence in mathematical thinking. References to The Answer Series Gr 12 Maths 2 in 1 throughout the series direct learners to essential practice, applications, reinforcements and mastery.
• Life Sciences: This course will cover Term 2 work: Evolution followed by Human Reproduction and Reproduction in Vertebrates. These videos will be based on the relevant content in our Grade 12 Life Sciences Part 1 and 2 study guides.
• Economics: In this course we will be covering the material taught in Grade 12, Term 2: Microeconomics. These videos have been created as a companion to assist and complement our Grade 12 Economics 3 in 1 study guide.
WHERE can these videos be found?
The video courses are available on our website: www.theanswer.co.za alongside our study guides for easy access by learners, educators, tutors, parents and anyone who wants to learn!
Here are the URLs for all the courses:
Are these videos stand-alone or is the study guide needed?
The short answer is BOTH. Value can be gleaned from the videos as they are, but in conjunction with the study guides they are better.
In most subjects (except Economics) page references to notes are interspersed right through.
In some subjects, references are made to worked examples and practice exercises in the study guides; this is suggested to support your learning.
The value of these videos lie therein that it can help learners get back on track to pursue their studies and achieve their goals; it is also a handy reference tool. It can be used to jump-start a new session, as a daily 10-minute focused consolidation of a completed section or as a pre-study flashback/overview.